- The Impact of Computer Use on Children's Vision(PA Optometric Association)
- People over the age of 65 have a 30 percent chance of developing age-related macular
degeneration. It is the leading cause of blindness for seniors over 65 years of age.
- Approximately 2.2 million Americans over 40 years old have glaucoma, with over half of
them unaware that they have the disease - until their sight is compromised.
- Blindness is the number one complication of people with diabetes.
- 80% of blindness is avoidable because 60% is treatable and 20% preventable with early detection.
- Worldwide, an adult goes blind ever five seconds, and a child every minute.
416 Hastings Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15206